"No matter how terrified you may be, own your fear and take that leap anyway because whether you land on your feet or on your butt, the journey is well worth it."
-- Laurie Laliberte
"If your dreams do not scare you, they are not big enough."
-- Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage."
-- Anais Nin

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Look What I Did!

If you're a subscriber of my email newsletter, you've probably already seen this, but I think it bears repeating here (this time with pictures).
Kris and Martha Kringle

I've been hard at work perfecting crochet patterns for my various shops and I'm very excited to share them with you:

HOLIDAY GIFTS

Yes, I realise it's August, and hot as can be outside for many of us, but now is the best time to think about crocheting those smaller Holiday gifts.  Before we settle down with afghans (and afghan projects) on our laps, lets focus on the quickies and get them crossed off our lists.

It's been my experience that the toughest patterns to find online are those for mittens and and unisex or masculine hats, so I've come up with a few and am working on more.  Thus far, I've posted two patterns for hats and one for mittens.  They all use basic worsted weight yarn in your choice of fiber.  More will be forthcoming as soon as I find a moment to type them up properly.  Matching scarf patterns are also in the works, so look for them in the near future.


Simple Astro Hat
Simple Earth Hat
Big Girl Mittens




Many thanks to my handsome nephews for modeling the new hats!


Chubby Nubby Hanging Towel
KITCHEN HELPERS

This one is literally hot off the press.  Just last night I posted the pattern for Chubby Nubby Towels  You guessed it!  The main pattern is for a hanging towel that matches the Chubby Nubby Scrubby which has become quite a hit.  It also includes instructions for a flat towel that matches as well as variations so you can "mix it up" in your own kitchen!  This pattern is available by itself and, by the end of the day today, will be bundled with the matching scrubby at a discounted price.  Fear not; if you have already purchased the scrubby pattern and would like to take advantage of the discount, simply contact me via one of my shops or email and a special listing will be made for you at the discounted price in the shop of your choosing.

Coming soon will be a matching potholder/hot pad and I'm opening my ears to any requests for other matching items.  If you have any requests, send them to me and I'll do my best to oblige.  I plan to do the same for the Tiny Bubbles Scrubby in my shops as well as the free Big Girl Scrubby posted here on my blog, so keep your eyes peeled for those.  Before you even have a chance to ask, yes, the match to the freebie will be here for free!


LIGHTBULB LOVIES

And finally, I've introduced my own amigurumi patterns called "Lightbulb Lovies," so named because the base body is the shape of a lightbulb.  Thus far, three styles are available:  "Lovey" the lightbulb, my mascot and fit model, "Salonga" the panda, and "Jackman" the koala.  Almost ready to go are Kris and Martha Kringle which will be posted soon.

Each of the Lovies sits about 5 1/2 to 6" tall and is worked with a "join as you go" method to eliminate the need for endless sewing once the crochet pieces are finished.  Currently on the drawing board is an entire menagerie and, at the request of one of my valued blog readers, a Nativity which I hope to have done and listed before the end of September.

Jackman
Salonga

Lovey

You will find every pattern described in this post by clicking on any of the following links:

As always, if you have any questions or comments regarding anything you've read here, my ears are open!  Simply leave a comment below or drop me a line at BigGirlJewelry@yahoo.com.


Thank you all for your continued support!


Laurie

3 comments:

  1. Love the Christmas toys. They look great~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ladies! I'm hoping to have the patterns for The Kringles posted by the end of this week, but I can't promise that. So many patterns, so little time!

    ReplyDelete